What is Asthma?
Asthma is a common lung disease. The airways in your lungs are filled with mucus and inflamed fluid. So, it is difficult to breathe. These airways are called bronchial tubes. You can easily find out the symptoms of asthma. It only allows a low amount of air into your lungs. The levels of oxygen dissolved in the blood will be decreased. Till now it doesn’t have any cure but there is a medication to stop the severeness of asthma. It affects all people of ages and also starts in childhood. Asthma symptoms are explained below…
Symptoms of Asthma
Over 200000 people are dying every year. Asthma’s side effects may vary from individual to individual. Every symptom is dangerous when you didn’t treat well. You can see most of the symptoms while doing exercising, working and in cold places or allergic to something. It can come from different aspects at different times. You have to be careful it may lead you to asthma attacks.
- Difficult to breathe.
- Causes cough at nights.
- Pains in the chest. Feeling the pressure on the chest.
- When your breathing you may get a whistle sounds that you can see mostly in children.
- The heart beats fast.
- Feeling tired.
- Trouble in sleeping.
- Upset and moody.
- Weakens your immune.
These are the main symptoms of asthma. Every symptom has treatment in all kinds of medications.
Asthma Risk Factors
There are a lot of factors affect you. Some factors are
- Age Asthma is more in men when compared to women. In men, the size of the bronchial tubes is smaller than women. More wheezing problems will occur. The ratio of men and women are equal at the age of 22.
- Heritage in asthma. You can get this from your father or mother. The development of asthma is more in whose parents don’t have asthma than those who have asthma transfer from parents. You can easily find those symptoms of asthma.
- Being a smoker or secondhand smoker. Tobacco will affect your airways in the lungs. The airways will get an infection and cause asthma.
- Overweight or obesity. Obesity will form more fat content in your body.
Causes of Asthma
Symptoms will be active whenever your exposure to any allergens. We can call them as asthma triggers. These triggers are a combination of environmental and inherited.
- Environmental pollutants like traffic fumes, smoke from the factories, and chemicals released by industries.
- Children who live near busy roads will get more affect asthma.
- It may occur from allergies like animal skin and house dust.
- Symptoms of asthma will more active when you got allergies.
- Cold air or itchy from powerful smells.
- Occupational. Some food items also make you sick. Ice cream, cool drinks, nuts, cow’s milk, and wheat.
- Lime juice, potatoes, and pickles.
- In pregnancy time.
Remedies For Asthma Symptoms
If you have stress you may increase your asthma symptoms. In yoga, there are some breathing techniques or exercises to control your breathing. These exercises will relief you from stress.
Acupuncture is a Chinese traditional treatment. It uses thin needles inserting into the body in specified places. By acupuncture treatment, you will definitely ease the symptoms of asthma.
If you have a food allergy, avoid that food which triggers your symptoms. Mostly the people will get by cool drinks, ice creams, allergenic food, and sour food are main.
Pursed lips breathing:
Breath through nose and breath out from the pursed lips more air has to become out. The exhale should be twice as inhale. By this technique, the trap of air in your lungs will come out.
You can call it coffee treatment. Coffee will help you to clear the nasal passage like the medication theophylline. It improves the breathing function you can drink caffeine contains drinks per 3-4 cups a day.
You can get more benefits from ginger to your body and health. By taking pomegranate juice with ginger will helps you from asthma. Not only ginger there is a different kind of herbs that will affect you on symptoms of asthma.
Mustard oil is used for emergency purposes in homes. Apply hot mustard oil on your chest with a small amount of salt. This will relief from an asthma attack and it improves lung function. This is a medicine oil sold in small quantities. In the market, they are selling some plasters made with mustard seeds. These plasters should be left on for 10 min.
This oil is using thousands of years for many problems. By using this oil it gives better results for symptoms of asthma. If you have air diffuser put some drops of oil in it, sit near to it and take some deep breaths if possible. Otherwise, you may add this oil to boiling water and take the vapor in slowly.
Diagnosis of Asthma
- Your doctor may ask about your health issues and your medical history. After knowing your symptoms he will run some tests and medication for it. He will examine physically and lung function tests.
- If the doctor confirms you have asthma, he will do a physical examination.
- By examining the throat, nose, eyes, breathing conditions, ears, chest, and lungs. This physical exam includes tests on your lungs too. By confirming by symptoms of asthma he will prescribe you the medication.
- Sometimes you may need an x-ray of your lungs.
- Personal questions. You have to face some personal questions like your family details if anyone has asthma in your family or not. Tell him about your work and home environmental factors.
- Lung tests. The doctor may go for another test called lung function tests. It will give the report of your breathing. They use a bronchodilator device. If your asthma is improved by this device you may confirm that you have asthma.
- Nitric oxide test. This test uses nitric oxide while breathing into the device. Normally we produce some nitric oxide in our breath. If nitric oxide levels are high you confirm that you have asthma. By these tests, we will know how much you are affected by asthma. The doctor will give the best medicine for asthma.