The Religions, Cultures, and Languages of Traditional India show the beauty of unity in the diversity of our country.
Our Classical India is the mother of history, it is the birthplace of Inspirational human speech. And also a great place of traditions, land of many freedom fighters, place of relationship values and responsibilities. There is a lot of information you can know about historical India on our page.
Famous Religions of India:
- India is a land of multi religions where all kind of religion people can live here.
- In this, traditional India people categorizes their religions according to their beliefs and worship of god.
- The major religions of India are Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Jainism.
- Christianity is the 3rd largest religion in India.
- Hinduism is the oldest religion in the world. At present India is home to around 90% of the global population of Hindus.
- Islam is the fastest-growing religion in historical India.
Famous Languages of India:
- Hindi is a National Language of our Country and it is the most prominent language spoken in our country. And it is a well-known language to many people.
- English is a language for government, business, and education it becomes a common language for people to communicate with each other.
- The Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana will speak mostly in Telugu.
Famous Festivals of Country:
- Diwali, one of the major Hindu festivals in traditional India. People wear new clothes, participate in family puja, burst crackers, and share sweets with friends, families, and neighbors.
- Eid ul-Fitr originate by the Islamic prophet Muhammad. Similarly, in Ramzan month Muslims use to keep fasting for one month.
- After completing one month they will celebrate with prayers, sweets, and charity for poor people.
- Christians celebrate Christmas all over India on 25th December. Christians believe, on that day Jesus Christ came into the world.
- Pongal is a harvest festival celebrates in Southern states of classical India by farmers.
Famous Dances in Traditional India:
- Bharatnatyam is one of the most famous traditional dance in India. It is known for its beautiful body movements and gestures which are called Mudras in the traditional language.
- Moreover, coming from the northern part of the country from the state of Uttar Pradesh, Kathak is a famous dance that comes from the word ‘Katha’ which means “story” in Hindi.
- Kathakali is a traditional dance form of India which relates to the storytelling. Kathakali translates to the ‘storyteller’ in the country’s language.
- Belonging to the Andhra Pradesh, Kuchipudi is probably the toughest form of classical dance in India.
Famous Visiting Places of India:
- The Taj Mahal is an ivory-white marble mausoleum on the south bank of the Yamuna river in the historical Indian city of Agra. It has built by the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan for his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- One of the tallest creations in Indian history is the Qutub Minar. It has built by Qutb Ud-Din Aibak
- The Golden Temple, also known as Sri Harmandir Sahib. It is a Gurdwara in the city of Amritsar, Punjab in India.
- The historical city in northern India for many Hindus is Varanasi. And also known as Banaras and Kashi. Believe that dying in Varanasi brings salvation/ nirvana. Therefore, they make the trip to the city when they realize that they are close to death.
Similarly, all these religions, cultures are found in traditional India. As a result, everyone should feel blessed and be grateful to born in India.
So everyone should be proud to say ” Mera Bharat Mahan”.