Cholesterol is a smooth substance, can found in our body in the blood. It is in two ways in our body, one is good for health and another one is bad which is harmful to us. But our body needs cholesterol to build the cells, if the cholesterol is at a high level then it will be very risky and causes some heart problems. To overcome these health issues regarding the cholesterol some medication should be taken, but to reduce this completely there is no complete medication.
Different types of cholesterols are mentioned below.
- Low-Density Lipoproteins (LDL) or Bad Cholesterol
- High-Density Lipoproteins (HDL) or Good Cholesterol
There are no symptoms to detect that the cholesterol is at a high level or not. Only in the blood test, high LDL Cholesterol can be detected.
Types Of Cholesterol
Sterol is attached to the proteins and carried out through the blood. This combination is known as Lipoproteins. This cholesterol is produced in the body through the food which we swallow. Having cholesterol at a high level does not produce any symptoms to detect LDL cholesterol.
This is also known as bad cholesterol. This transfers the bad cholesterol throughout the body and build up walls at our arteries and makes them narrow and hard.
This is also known as “good cholesterol”. This HDL carried out the excess of the sterol and takes it to the liver.
Causes Of Cholesterol
Having a high rate of cholesterol is very risky and leads to a heart attack and other heart problems. It restricts the blood flow. Reduce the taking of fat-containing foods, it helps to manage the cholesterol levels.
It will be present in all non-vegetarian like meat and other foods like cheese.
This type of cholesterin will present in all bakery items, chocolates, some meat, deep-fried foods, and other processed food.
Most of the people are preferring the processed food and fried food only because of their work tension and saving their cooking time due to their tight schedule.
Factors To Increase Bad Cholesterol
- Eating processed food, all bakery items, can raise up the cholesterin level and may cause damage to our heart.
- Obesity is the biggest problem, if the Body Mass index is 30 and more than that point then it will be risky.
- Need exercise, it helps us to increase the HDL (good cholesterol) and to reduce the IDL (bad cholesterol).
- Smoking cigarettes damages the wall of the lungs and causes many diseases and produce some fat content. It reduces HDL.
High cholesterol causes many problems and makes the cells very hard and narrowly attaches to the arteries. If the cholesterin may high in level, then the below-mentioned difficulties will be faced to the affected person.
- Chest Pain:
The arteries which are supplying the blood for the heart are affected because of the LDL cholesterol. Due to this, the heart problem is affected very easily.
- Heart Attack:
If the plaques tear, the blood will clot and there is no supply of the blood to the heart and block the holes due to the LDL cholesterol and plugging artery downstream. If the blood doesn’t reach the heart it causes a heart attack.
To prevent LDL cholesterol, the following precautions are taken to reduce them.
- Reduce the intaking of salty items and take more fruits, vegetables, and grains which helps to reduce the cholesterol.
- Put a limit in the diet, in taking of animal fat foods and cholesterol producing foods, in order to maintain a healthy weight.
- Avoid smoking.
- Add exercise to the daily schedule and take 30 min walk every day.