Festivals are the Indian traditions which are meant by celebration, that are followed from so many years with a great culture. The festivals come by great joy, prosperity, and they add a new spirit to our lives. These festivals make an identity of our Indian society, and the tradition tells us what we are and many people like Indian festival food dishes. There are numerous mouth-watering festival food recipes that are prepared at our home. Based on the seasons the festival will be celebrated with enthusiasm carried all over the festivals with some special dishes. There are some Indian festivals with special food recipes which are very famous. For example, take Vinayaka chavithi which is one of the top Indian festivals. Let’s speak about those special dishes at this festival.
Healthy Indian Recipes on Festivals
Festival Food Recipes made at Vinayaka chavithi:
Vinayaka Chavithi is the favorite festival for many of the people. Because they will celebrate each day in a different way and will do pooja with good decoration and full of celebrating the magical movement with the Indian food festival dishes.
Undrallu is the favorite dish of Lord Ganesh. These festival food recipes are prepared at home in a simple way with rice flour and some other ingredients. There are two different types of Undrallu. One is Sweet Undrallu, and another one is Salt Undrallu.
- 1 cup rice (Rice Rava (or) Rice Flour)
- 2 tbsp chana dal
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups water
- ¼ spoon salt
- 1 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp cumin
- Wash chana dal and soak it for 15-20 minutes (or) 10 minutes in hot water. Place it aside.
- Place a pan on the stove and pour some ghee into it and add the chana dal and stir for 2-3 minutes. And pour some water into it and boil the dal to get the Indian festival food dishes with great flavor.
- Add ravva into the boiling water and stir continuously till the water gets evaporated. And simmer the stove for some time.
- Close the pan with a lid and keep it for 15 minutes. Then make your hands oily and knead the dough for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Make them into round balls and have special dishes at the festival with delicious taste.
There are many Healthy Indian recipes which are made on festivals, but Poornam Boorelu is the best recipe ever, and it is the most favorite dish to everyone. To prepare the poornam boorelu which is a part of Indian festival special food recipes. It is the best recipe among all the recipes.
- 1 cup Raw rice
- ½ cup Urad Dal
- 2 cups jaggery powdered
- 1.5 cup chana dal
- ½ cup cardamom powder
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut
- Oil for deep fry
- A pinch of salt
Preparing the festival food recipes of poornam boorelu at home is given below.
- Wash the rice and urad dal and soak it overnight. Remove the water from that and make like dosa batter. Add pinch of salt to the batter and keep aside.
- Now place the chana dal in a pressure cooker and add the water till the dal is dipped and place the cooker on the stove. The dal should be cooked and hold the shape. Remove the excess water and grind it. After that keep it aside.
- Mix the jaggery by adding some amount of water and let jaggery to dissolve completely in the water. Then add the grinded dal, chopped coconut, and a pinch of cardamom powder into it. And stir continuously unless until it becomes a fine paste stir it and keep it aside for some time.
- Make the balls with the mixture and keep aside. Now take the pan and keep it on the stove and pour oil for the deep fry.
- After the oil gets heat take one piece and dip into the rice consistency and keep it in the pan.
- Keep the boorelu in the pan and fry it until it changes its color into golden brown.
Bellam Thalikalu is the only recipe that prepared on the Vinayaka Chavithi. It is the part of Indian festival special food recipes, and it is the best and preferable dish by everyone on the occasion of Vinayaka Chavithi. Here are the festival food recipes list for treating yourself in a great way with the delicious dishes.
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup jaggery, powdered
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1.5 cups + ½ cup water
- A pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tbsp of ghee
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Firstly, take the poppy seeds and roast them. Make them powder and keep it aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of ghee, and salt to taste into a saucepan and stir for a few minutes and turn off the flame.
- Add the boiling water to the rice flour and mix it until it becomes a smooth dough. knead it down when it is warm and keep this mixture aside.
- Now take the murukku press and fill the dough in the murukku press. Place the round holes plate in the murukku press.
- Mix the jaggery add 1.5 cups of water in a pan and stir continuously unless until the jaggery dissolves.
- Now Press the murukku press which consists of the dough then you will get the lines of the dough. And place all these thalikalu in the Jaggery water and place a lid on it. Now add a pinch of cardamom powder into the thalikalu and taste the delicious dish.
- Here are the special dishes at the festival of Vinayaka Chavithi and it is the simple and easy procedure to prepare the Bellam Thalikalu.
Teepi Kudumulu is also a part of Indian festival special food recipes which are very delicious and tempt ourselves to fell in love with it. There are many dishes but the Rava kudumulu is the dish of Indian festival food dishes which are very tastier than normal dishes.
- ½ cup powdered jaggery
- ½ cup semolina
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tbsp of grated dry coconut
- 2 tsp of ghee
- ¼ tsp of cardamom powder
- Roast the semolina for 2-3 minutes and keep aside. Take a vessel and combine the powdered jaggery into 1 cup of water and place the vessel on the stove. Stir until the jaggery gets dissolved, after dissolving keep this liquid content aside.
- Now add the ghee, cardamom powder, and coconut powder and mix it. Slowly add the semolina into the liquid and make a smooth dough and turn off the flame.
- Make small balls and add some chopped coconut on it.