Migraine is a headache with extreme pain on one side of the head. The pain is generally very high when compared to normal headaches. It’s very difficult to do daily activities and it may last for four hours to three days if untreated. People with migraine headache have other symptoms like sensitivity to light, noise and smell.
- Mostly, it causes severe pain on one side of the head. In rare cases it will occur on both sides of the head.
- People those who affected with Migraine headache will increase the sensitivity of sound and light.
- If attack is just in starting stage there is a blurred vision while seeing flashlights.
- Loss of hunger.
- Weakness in facial and neck muscles.
- Person will get irritated frequently.
- Increased thirst.
- Lack of concentration, don’t speak normally or hold a conversation.
Causes Of Migraine Headache
Migraine headache is caused by unusual neural event similar to change in blood flow, nerve signaling and muscle functioning.
- Increases irritation that affects normal blood flow, and blood vessels reaching brain.
- Changes that occur in nerve signals and neuron carrier levels causes pain.
- Stress includes feelings like busy, rushed, and nervous.
- Sometimes poor diet places a hormonal changes.
- Defective functioning in brain stem.
- Lack of sufficient sleep.
- Due to over usage of drugs affects nerves, hormones and blood pressure.
Stages of Migraine Headache
This stage is an early warning stage for a migraine attack. In the prodromal stage, it will be for several hours to two days in advance. Maximum people of migraine headache will experience this phase. Symptoms to detect this phase are feel anxiety, irritability, difficulty to concentrate, sensitiveness to smell or noise. So take the pain reliever from the doctor, by doing so right now can help in migraine relief.
This is a pre-migraine stage. In the Aura phase, it will be about an hour right when a headache strikes. Only some people with migraine ache will experience this stage.
Symptoms to detect this stage is to change of vision, such as difficulty in focusing and blurred vision. Skin sensations such as dullness in extreme and muscle weakness.
When migraine headache occurs, its symptoms start like from some hours to several days. Surely this problem is untreated in this stage. Tremble pain ranging from mild to extreme, on one side of the head but in the rare case, it will on both sides of the head.
Migraine symptoms are sensitiveness to light sound and smell. Immediately take a pain reliever and relax in a cool dark and quiet place.
This is after attack phase has diminished and continuing for a few hours to two days.
People who sense attack phase will also sense some of the postdrome phases. Symptoms of this stage are Extreme weakness, confusion, head pain when moving too quickly or bend over.
Food Tips For Migraine Relief
- Food basically never get migraine headache or other Pains.
- Rice which is less polished called as brown rice.
- Steamed green vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach.
- Cooked vegetables such as carrot and sweet potato.
- Dried non citric fruits, such as cherries pears and some more.
- Drink light hot water.
Migraine Treatment and its Remedies:
1. Eat an Anti-Infection Diet
Avoid eating of Cold food, High amount of sodium food and oil food.
2. Manage Stress and Get Enough Sleep
Follow regular schedule for sleeping. Sleeping too much also causes problems.
3. Limit Screen Time and Light Exposure
Limit the amount of time spend seeing Screens. Don’t go directly under the sun, use some masks for prevention.
4. Use Essential Oils
By applying essential oils like peppermint, lavender to the painful side to reduce the pain.