Many people are facing uncomfortable condition which causes many sleepless nights while breathing. This kind of problem happens when the air is not properly functioning into the lungs that make disturbances. This breathing problem can be caused due to the illness in the lungs and heart. Sometimes shortening of breathing occurs for short periods of time but, others can experience for a long period. Some home treatments for breathing can change your situation and help to control your breathing problem. There are some breathing problems and its remedies which may relieve the shortness of breathing.
1. Pursed lip breathing
This is the simple posture to get it from uncomfortable breathing. Mainly it helps quickly pace of breathing which makes every breath deeper and more effective also gives healthy breathing. It relieves air trapped in the lungs. This activity can be done while lifting any objects, bending or climbing stairs.
- Relax your shoulder muscles and neck.
- Keep your mouth closed, now slowly breath in your nose for two counts.
- Purse your lips like ready to whistle.
- Gently breathe out slowly through your pursed lips up to the four counts.
2. Sitting forward
- Sitting and getting relaxed makes the body calm and your lungs will be relaxed this is one of the home treatments for breathing.
- Sit in a chair by leaning your chest slightly forward and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Now slowly rest your elbows on your knees, by this activity neck and shoulder muscles will be relaxed.
3. Sitting forward supported by the table
- For this posture, a chair and table are the best requirements for better comfortable home treatments for breathing.
- Sit in a chair and facing the table by feet flat on the ground.
- Rest your arms and gently lean your chest forward towards the table with pillow support.
- Take your rest and this gives the best sleep nights.
4. Standing with supported back
- It helps to relax your body, airways for better breathing.
- Stand near a wall, rest your hips on the wall by facing away.
- Rest your hands on the thighs by keeping your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Get relaxed with your shoulders, slightly lean forward, and dangle your arms in front of you.
5. Standing with supported arms
- This activity of home treatments for breathing will make you feel comfort and stress relief.
- Stand near a table and make sure that any piece of furniture must be just below the height of your shoulders.
- Relax your neck by keeping or placing your elbows or a hand on that furniture.
- Relax your shoulders by resting your head on the forearms.
6. Sleeping in a relaxed position
- While sleeping only you will experience a lot uncomfortable and irritated by your shortening breathe. This problem will make you wake up early, which can diminish the quality of sleep at a crucial time.
- Lean your body by relaxing casually, but one change is required for your better sleep.
- Place extra pillows under your knees, make sure that your head should be elevated so that you can save from this problem.
- This posture will make your airways free and make breathing easier.
7. Diaphragmatic breathing
- Home treatments for breathing style also help to reveille from breathing problems.
- Sit in a chair with bent knees and makes your shoulders, neck, and head must be relaxed.
- Place your hand on the belly, gently breathe through your nose and make sure that you must feel your belly is moving.
- While exhaling, you must feel your belly fall inward. Breath out through your pursed lips.
- Repeat this activity about five times.
8. Using a fan
Interestingly one study found that cool air can help to relieve your shortness of breath. By small handheld, a fan may help you from symptoms.
9. Drinking coffee
According to studies, caffeine will help to strengthen, relax your muscles and airways of asthma people. This caffeine is also one of the best home treatments for breathing which improves lung function for up to four hours.