Yoga is a good source for reducing stress and anxiety. Yoga also cures some other mental diseases. Controlled breathing is the basic and key attribute for every yoga exercise. Several studies have proven that the good benefits of yoga from focused breathing, especially in the fight with depression, stress, and anxiety. Stress is not a simple thing to neglect it. You should follow Yoga for Stress Relief. When you feel either stress or depression in your daily life, Start the day with yoga which helps to relieve stress and depression. From this article, we are going to learn the advantages of yoga for stress relief.
What is stress?
When you feel a threat or in danger maybe it is real or unreal. Our body makes a high gear automatic process termed as fight-fight situation. This condition is known as Stress. Getting rid of Stress is one of the benefits of yoga.
Some of the symptoms that cause stress are as follows:
- General aches and pains.
- clenched jaw.
- Muscle tension in neck, face or shoulders.
- Racing heart.
- Cold and sweaty palms.
- Tiredness, exhaustion.
- weight loss or gain.
Doing yoga for stress relief gives alleviation from stress. It is one of the advantages of yoga.
Guidelines for yoga beginners:
If you are a beginner for yoga then start your yoga with simple and basic asanas like:
- Mountain asana
Or else you can do some simple warm-ups and simple stretches.
Benefits of yoga pose to relieve from stress:
Here are some list of poses which reduces stress such as
1. Sukhasana (Easy Pose)
Easy Pose has some huge advantage of yoga along with boosting groundedness and inner calm. It opens your hips, extends your spine, increases the state of peace, and removes anxiety.it reduces physical and mental tiredness. In this pose, you need to focus on your breath and straighten your spine, sit for at least 1-2 min.
- You need to sit as shown in the poster.
- Close your eyes.
- Focus on the breath for a while and keep yourself calm for 2 min.
2. Garudasana (Eagle Pose)
It is another pose in yoga for depression, which helps to relieve stress and anxiety. This pose is not easy to stay for longer periods of time. Start initially with minimum time. By practice, you can be in this pose for a longer time. It is one of the benefits of Yoga to get rid of depression.
- Begin this posture by remaining in Tadasana(It is a basic standing stance).
- Twist your knees and lift your left foot up to traverse the right one.
- Guarantee that correct foot is firmly put on the floor and the left thigh is over the right thigh. Your left foot’s toes must point downwards.
- Present your arms while keeping them parallel to the floor.
- Traverse the left one and curve your elbows with the goal that your arms are currently opposite to the floor.
- Guarantee that the back of your hands is facing one another.
- Gradually turn the hands with the goal that the palms face one another.
- Squeezing the palms together, extend the fingers upwards.
- Raise your left leg and place it back on the floor and gradually return into Tadasana.
Note: If your knee is injured, better to avoid this asana.
3. Savasana(Corpse Pose):
The final and easy pose of every yoga class is one of deep restoration: Corpse Pose, also seldom called Final Relaxation Pose. Its Sanskrit, the name “Savasana” known as (shah-VAHS-uh-nuh) which consists of two words sava and asana. This pose is one of the benefits of yoga which helps to relax our body.
Just, Lay down on your back with straightening legs and arms at your sides. Rest your hands around six inches from your body with your palms up. Give your feet a chance to drop open. Close your eyes. You can even utilize cover to cover the body.
- Let your breath happens normally.
- Work from the bottoms of your feet up to the crown of your head, deliberately discharge each body part, organ, and cell.
- Loosen up your face. Give a chance to your eyes to drop into their attachments. Stay in Savasana for five minutes.
- To get rid of this posture, start to develop your breath. Take gentle improvement and mindfulness back to your body, start your fingers and toes. Move to your right side and rest there for a minute. Give a chance for your head to be at the exact opposite thing to come into place. Savasana carries the peace and stillness of with you throughout the day.
Main benefits of Yoga poses is to make you energetic and keep refreshing all day. It also keeps your body flexible and makes our soul refreshing.
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Have a healthy and balanced diet.
- Do meditation for 10 -15 min which keeps you refreshing.
- Make a habit of doing Simple exercises/yoga regularly.
- Don’t hesitate to say NO to things which make you stress.
- Avoid the intake of alcohol, drugs.
- Listen to soothing music to relieve from stress.
These are some of the benefits of Yoga.
Food that regulates stress:
The following food contains stress controlling nutrients which makes you feel happy and joyful. when you feel stress try to take these foods which help to regulate the yoga for stress levels. These foods are rich in antioxidants and happy mood nutrients, helpful vitamins which helps to change your mood to happy mode.
- Dark chocolate.
- Green tea.
Along with the benefits of yoga and intake of food, supplements keep your stress away from you. A little bit of stress is helpful only in a fight-fight situation. But increased stress levels will harm your daily routine and mind.